(THURSDAY 24th and FRIDAY 25th March 2016)
Bigger, brighter, louder and more colourful. With the covers off Shorncliffe’s brand new pier and even more food and fun than ever, this year’s Bluewater Festival is set to be the biggest and best yet.
Running over two days (March 24th & 25th), the festival is jam-packed full of food stalls and events. President of the Sandgate & District Chamber of Commerce, Bill Gollan is excited to shake up the festival this year with a host of new changes.
“We have recently taken up the services of a professional event management company to run the festival and this year promises to be bigger, brighter, louder and more colourful,” he says.
“The event has been given a complete overhaul – we literally drew a line in the sand and have a whole raft of new features which will be announced over the coming weeks.”
New entertainment will be featured across the two days including Tuffy, Nik Philips, Outtawak and The Soul Men Blues Brothers Tribute Show.
“Many people have said they wanted new and different entertainment, so this year promises to knock it out of the park", Bill says.
“ Thursday evening’s fireworks display will be the cherry on top.” Bluewater Festival
For more information visit bluewaterfestival.org.au
THURSDAY NIGHT - BAYFIRE NIGHT
- 4pm to 5pm James Brennan playing acoustic classic hits
- 5.30pm Harry Phillips playing a younger selection of today’s classic hits
- 6.00 pm Bluewater Festival Art Exhibition & Competition Opening Exhibition Guest Artist Barry Kid & SAS Guest Artist Lance Boucaut
- 6.15 pm Lantern Parade ‘Sea Theme’ – Everyone Invited To Take Part
- 6.30pm to 7pm Leilli Phillips – Talented Local Singer/ Songwriter Showcase Set
- 7.00 to 7.30pm James Brennan featuring a Neil Diamond meets Bruce Springsteen feature set
- 7.30pm BAYFIRE FIREWORKS
- 7.45 to 8.45pm James Brennan Acoustic
BLUEWATER FESTIVAL FRIDAY
- 8.00am YOGA on the Beach
- 9.00am Bluewater Festival Art Exhibition & Art Trail Open
- 9.00am Facin The Crowd (Rock N Roll)
- 9.30am Lord Mayor Graham Quirk Official Opening and Ribbon Cutting for the Shorncliffe Pier
- 10am Busters Duelling Pianos (Contemporary Pop)
- 11.00am 68th Brisbane to Gladstone Monohull Yacht Race Start - Bramble Bay
- 11.10am Brisbane to Gladstone Mutlihull Yacht Race – From Shorncliffe Pier
- 11.20pm KANGAGANG Children’s Show
- 12pm Nik Phillips - (Acoustic Rock)
- 1.00pm Outtawak - (Music & Comedy)
- 2.00pm Tuffy - (Electric Rock & Pop)
- 3.00pm The Soul Men (Blues Brothers Tribute Show)
Bluewater Festival - Great little video on the Festival. This year is expected once again to have a massive turnout.
The festival events are held at Lower Moora Park at Shorncliffe and include the popular Bayfire Spectacular of fireworks, live entertainment, markets, food stalls and rides. Commencing Thursday evening and Concluding Good Friday.